Strike Media’s Green Pledge
Strike Media promises to plant a tree for every piece of coverage achieved in 2020
Strike Media has announced that from January 1st 2020, a tree will be planted for every piece of unique editorial coverage achieved throughout the year.
The agency, which specialises in communications and marketing for film, entertainment, family and lifestyle brands in both B2B and B2C, will be looking to reduce their carbon footprint by funding tree planting charities across the world. Global media has historically capitalised off the production of paper and currently four billion trees each year are cut down and used for paper. Strike is determined to do what they can do to replace what is being taken and hope that others join them.
M.D and Founder of Strike Media, Wez Merchant, who recently celebrated 10 years of business was delighted to make the announcement. He says, “We are wholeheartedly behind combatting climate change and our green pledge is definitely a step in the right direction. Now, more than ever, we need to be taking a stand and protecting future generations. We hope more agencies, and indeed clients, follow suit.”
In 2020, Strike Media will be entering their 11th year of film PR and unique brand partnerships. Current clients include Paramount Pictures UK, The Movie Partnership, Lightbulb Film Distribution, Pop Up Screens, Birdbox Distribution, Munro Films, Style My Kid, Modern Films, Gruvi and B3 Media.
Facts about global deforestation
– It is believed that the area the size of a football pitch is lost to deforestation every second.
– In nearly 30 years, we’ve lost 1.3 million square kilometers to deforestation, the size of South Africa.
– Latin America has lost 10% of its forest area in the last 25 years.
– Deforestation is the second leading cause of climate change.
– WWF estimates that 27% – more than a quarter – of the Amazon biome will be without trees by 2030 if the current rate of deforestation continues.
UPDATE: Strike managed to smash their first quarterly target and look forward to doing the same in Q2!